When you first discover the thrill of online casinos, the first thing that comes to mind is dealing with the numerous terminologies. But before you go into that, there are two commonly used words used when playing online casino games- live dealer and RNG games. So, what’s the difference between the two? In this guide, we’ll dissect the two casino terms and how they match up to each other. Sit tight and follow through!
RNG, which is an acronym for “random number generator” are games of chance where the outcome is generated by a computer using the RNG algorithm. Such games are hard to predict and every outcome occurs by chance. RNG games include Video Poker and the famous Slots. If you look at land-based casinos, the original slots machines had big reels where you’ll spin and if the same fruit or symbol occurs thrice, you win. Advances in technology have enabled its reinvention to digital platforms, hence the use of random number generators.
Live casino games, on the other hand, are traditional table games that have a live person on the other end dealing the cards. Games like blackjack, poker, and baccarat require a dealer even at an offline level, So to make the game more realistic and interesting, live dealer games were formulated to help bring the action to players at the comfort of their homes. Games like roulette or craps have a croupier which is ideally the same as a dealer.
Features of live casino games
Live dealer games offer the intuitiveness and thrill of playing a casino and have an interesting atmosphere. Such games offer the best possible table limits, adding tons of options to better your chances of winning. That said, live dealer games have their own pros and cons. Here are some of them.
- Virtual gaming with real dealers. The biggest perk of live casinos is you get to play with a live dealer spinning the wheel and playing the cards. It brings a lively atmosphere, almost like that of a real casino. What’s more, the added sound effects and video quality make it seem more real. It is the closest you can get to enjoy a land-based casino from the comfort of your home.
- Available 24/7. When casinos started, it was not accessible at all times. Folks used to wait for the land-based casinos to open just to play their favorite games. Besides, even if a casino was open during late hours, you had to be near the casino for easier accessibility. With the onset of live casino gaming, you can now access the games at any time of the day without worrying of where you are. Just be sure to have a stable internet connection for an excellent gambling experience.
- Trustworthy. Live dealer games are considered more trustworthy since the players only confide in the croupiers. This is a more assuring way than trusting a random number generator which may be subject to hacks and changes in algorithms. While RNG goes through fairness and Fairplay checks, it is never easy to fully trust a machine.
- Land-based casino atmosphere. The thrill of live dealer games is the experience you get to it. If you select a multiplayer game like blackjack, you get to chat with other players and the dealers as well. It creates a fun mood while playing, which is not something you often get with other online casino games.
- Betting limits. Essentially, the cost of running live dealer games is higher than its RNG alternatives. This is because there are costs to running cameras, maintaining physical locations, and software which in turn make the games expensive. Also, due to the same reasons, the minimum bets tend to be higher than in RNG games.
- Limited varieties. Live dealer games are amazing, but due to the nature of how it is played, a lot of casino games miss out. One factor is running costs which we have already seen have affected the betting limits. That said, most developers better improve current versions of live casino games than introduce completely new ones.
Features of RNG Games
RNG games have been widely known in the casino sector due to their numerous perks. The Random Number Generator is software that uses an algorithm to determine the outcome of a gaming event. It cannot create patterns to predict outcomes nor it cannot give favor to certain players.
Here are some of the features of RNG games.
- A massive range of variants. RNG games are quite popular because of the number of games they have available. You have the freedom to choose whichever game you want and with such games, you can play titles like blackjack, Atlantic City, pirate 21, pontoon, craps, and many more.
- Available in demo mode. If you don’t know how to play RNG games, then luckily you can join the demo mode and play for free. This makes it a nice platform to come up with strategies and tricks to use when playing for real money. The more you train, the better you become at winning bugs with RNG games.
- RNG games are consistently tested. RNG uses fair play to predict outcomes and to make sure everything is fair, the software is tested regularly. While in games like roulette-wheel it is hard to predict an outcome, some variants may be susceptible to manipulation and the testing authorities ensure everything is totally random.
- RNG games can get lonely. Despite most gamblers preferring to play alone in their rooms, it is easy to get lonely. Online games offer the opportunity to play with other players but rob off the luxury of socializing. Without socializing, the atmosphere of a real casino simply can’t exist and that is where loneliness comes by.
So which one do you choose?
Casinos have a bright future as long as technology stays in place. It impacts how people gamble and live online games show just how much technology can help create virtual reality. But are they good enough to outdo RNG games? Maybe. RNG games have more variety but can easily get boring as you are not really interacting with anyone. At the end of the day, players need to choose what they are comfortable with, whether it’s live dealer games or RNG.